Friday, January 13, 2012

Think On The Good Stuff


While driving home from work I often think about my day.  Unfortunately, I think of all the events and moments that have irritated me or even made me angry.  By the time I arrive home I’m riled up and not in the most cheerful mood.  Jamey is the fortunate one to hear every detail of my day.  He gets to listen to all my frustrations and complaints with a light sprinkling of funny or positive anecdotes.  I doubt he looks forward to this time of day. 

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable –if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. " Philippians 4:8

Wow, what would my drive home be like if I followed Paul’s advice?  How much more excited would Jamey be for me to arrive home and hear all the great things the Lord did that day?  Why do I replay all negative, frustrating moments of the day?  Because I forget Paul’s advice?  Because I forget the battles belong to the Lord?  Because I forget the enemy came to steal, kill and destroy and he wants to steal my joy and peace?  What if I thought on praiseworthy things?  Maybe, then I would rejoice in the Lord always (Phil 4: 4).  So, I must be disciplined; training myself to be Godly (1 Timothy 4: 8).

For today, with the Lord's help, I will continue my training to think on the good and not the bad and when there seems to be nothing positive happening in my day I will think about Jesus and the sacrifice He made so that I may have life eternal and life abundant.  I will rejoice.


No comments:

Post a Comment