Friday, March 19, 2010

Daffodils



I'm excited!  Today I saw daffodils.  This past weekend while walking the dogs I noticed that the flower stems were already growing.  I couldn't believe it.  Just two weeks ago there was still snow on the ground remaining from the extra snowy winter we experienced.  While I enjoyed the beauty of the snow and the school cancellations, I have been eagerly anticipating spring.  One of the joys of spring is watching the flowers bloom.  I'm amazed how during the winter, a cold, dead season that life continues where I can't see it.  So, in my personal life, do I believe that in the winter seasons that something is growing even when I can't see it?  Do I enjoy every season of life?  Can I find joy in every season?  Paul says, "I have learned to be content with whatever I have."  I pray that I am learning to be content with what I have and whatever season it is.  So, today I find joy in daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment