Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chocolate Cake

As I was writing the previous blog I was semi-enjoying some chocolate cake. I was in need of a sugar-filled snack since I am a sugar addict. My cupboards and refrigerator are void of any tasty treats. But, thanks to a friend who sent me the recipe below I was able to quickly pull together a cake. The title suggests the cake takes five minutes, but it takes a few minutes longer to stir the ingredients together in a small coffee mug. My suggestion would be to use an over sized mug. The cake isn't bad if you don't have much else. I do find the consistency to be a bit sponge like. Some of you may enjoy the recipe and who knows, maybe improve it.


5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) some nuts (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well . Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT!(this can serve 2 if you want to share!)And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any timeof the day or night!

No comments:

Post a Comment