Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The First Leg

Three summer camps back to back to back may not be as physically demanding as a full on triathlon, but I think even my crazy athletic friends in Phoenix, Master P and Kate W, would find themselves worn out at some point by 7 consecutive late nights with teenagers. :)
The first leg of our trifecta is done, and we all feel pretty good. We do have one team member struggling with a little bit of illness. We appreciate your prayers for health for him and the rest of us.
Now on to camp happenings. God is awesome! And he proved once again how well founded our trust in him is. We had 8 campers and 8 American workers from Phoenix and Germany combined. The one to one ratio could have been a source of concern, but it turned out to be the opportunity for some deep connections to be made. Here are some of things we heard from the campers throughout the week.
"Can I have a Bible of my own?"
"I want to finish reading Genesis tonight."
"I think I've found my religion."
"I think Jesus knew I needed to be here this week."
From today, the day after camp ended: "I can't stop thinking about camp."

We have other stories we could tell about laughter and tears that were shared, but it wouldn't come close to explaining the love we're feeling right now for these 8 young people. We can't wait to see what God has in store for them and for the next camp.
Pictures: Luau Night, Jalapeno Eating Contest, Chicken Game





2 comments:

  1. Looks like alot of fun!! Oh wait, all except for the pepper eating contest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.-great comments that they made as well...He is doing an amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete