Monday, June 23, 2008

Hopital

On Wednesday, I was quite sick with stomach pains. We were both up most of the night due to this. By morning, I had become dehydrated and wanted some medicine to relieve the pain. Off to the hospital we went. This was our first time visiting a hospital during our many travels. While they are quite different from hospitals in the states we felt quite comfortable, and we were thankful the doctor spoke English. After some blood tests the doctor said they found nothing wrong and gave me two bags of saline and a shot of potassium and sent me home. I rested that afternoon and I have been fine ever since. Meredith has a gift for clarity but also for understatement. If you’re not interested in some plain truth details, then skip to the next part. I promise not to be unnecessarily graphic. In the middle of the night she woke up with nausea and extreme pain. The first two times she got sick she emptied herself of dinner the night before. The next 4-5 times it was just some, well,…it was just nasty. She has always had stomach troubles, but this was different. She is a strong woman, and this put her at a very weak point. I prayed for her. Read scripture to take her mind off the pain. At times it seemed like this made things worse. I really do believe there was more to this than just a normal illness. Things finally broke, but not until the hospital I.V. and shot. The doctor’s had no idea what was wrong, but I know that from now on her stomach troubles won’t be nearly as bad.

6 comments:

  1. oh yuck...I hate stomach things, I really do--vomitting is the worse ever for me. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope that you are feeling better... If you have anymore problems you make sure to let me know.. I love you and I am happy that you two are following your hearts and your faith.. I wish you two the best of luck. Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! That stinks! Im glad that you are feeling better! Praying for you two. . . .
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meredith I hate to hear of your stomach troubles. I am such a baby when I throw up! What a good job your husband did to try and make you feel better. It sounds like the enemy is upset with you guys being there, which means a lot of people will be touched! We will keep your health in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Mere, you had to go through the hospital experience so soon-- I hope you are feeling better!! We are praying daily for you guys- lv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the last blog comment was me..
    Frances

    ReplyDelete