Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Bowling

The end of any school year is filled with many field trips. For the second year in a row, I took my classes bowling. For those of you who do not know, I teach English as a Second Language, which means my students come from many different countries where bowling is not a favorite past time. It is quite entertaining to watch teens bowl for the first time. During the second game, several students were complaining that their index fingers hurt. I couldn't understand why until I saw how they were holding the bowling balls. Many of them were using their index and middle fingers. I obviously did not teach them to bowl very well. In my defense, they are teens and don't take instruction very well. They had a fantastic time and so did their teacher. I wish I could post photos, but there are laws against that.

No comments:

Post a Comment